Monday, January 12, 2009

FLOODED....

Perhaps some of you have heard it in the news, while some may not. But here it is...from the view of an eye witness....the flood in Batu Kawa. It all started a few days before when it was raining non stop for days. On Saturday I went out at night and came back at 3am when I was passing by this area which is near the u-turn to my place. Residents of this neighborhood had started moving their vehicles on the main road side fearing that there might be a flood coming to their door step.

The road "I'm" standing on is the in-coming lane from the u-turn going back to MJC...Kuching etc. As you can see the cars on the side belongs to the residents of the housing area that got flooded. I guess there glad they did that. Sunday came the news on TV and radio. Since it wasn't that far I decided to walk over and check out the scene.

Home owners looking at their flooded homes.

This would be the part of the housing which was knee-high flooded. There were houses that was flooded neck deep. Obviously I can't go there...

Trucks and pick-ups was the only vehicles able to go into the waters. Some carried people who were "trapped" on the other side...unable to cross the flood on their own rides or feet. The guy on the left just stands there for only god knows why...

The floods goes all the way till the Batu Kawa bridge. Here we can only see it till the corner before the u-turn. Due to the change in weather I decided to go back home.










On the way home, i realize that the residents also 'parked' their beloved pets on the road side.

Some build shelters using pieces of woods while others had the luxury of being sheltered with their master's rides. I did saw some left unattended while some was restrain to the lamp post.












When I was walking back I realize that the traffic flow of the affected road have changed. These use to be a two one-way double-lane roads

but due to the flood which denies entry to the u-turn,, users have no way go to their house on the other side. Both road now became two two-way roads.

Owh...I would like to point out how far I walked. The scene I went to was at the end of the road in this picture. And still, from where I took this picture I'm still 10 minutes walk from my house. I think for the duration of the holiday this would be the farthest I've ever walked. : )

Here's some pics I took with my 5320 using panorama. From the road side till the areas that got flooded.




Owh...in case you're wondering... my house is on the higher grounds so we didn't have anything to worry about. On the other hand Mak and Abah went to Satok early Monday morning and found out that the wet market is literally wet....

Seems like it got sunk in a couple inch of waters too. But as you can see its not as bad as the one in Batu Kawa since the sellers are still in 'business mode'. Well...kena cari makan loo...





She took these with her 5300. Hope things get better in a couple of days.












And that's all from the Chronicles News Network. Till next time.
See ya. ; )

No comments: