Saturday, February 21, 2009

Abah's Sweepstakes

All those entry submission from all the rice purchase my dad did for months suddenly paid off when we were told through a phone call on Friday afternoon that "Mr. Abdul Rashid had won FIRST PLACE in an H&L Sweepstakes". Yeah...H&L as in H&L Supermarket. And the first place prize was a refrigerator.

The whole family was really happy that we could finally replace the old Singer. He's been serving the family for years now. Mak said he was around even before I was born. So I guess its about time for 'him' to retire. He looks old and ungly any way and the lights would burn out after a month or so.

The new 'guy' is a Samsung which was as tall as I am. Guess we could stock up more stuff inside now. And I guess every one in the house would shut up when ever Abah's gonna fill in another sweepstakes forms in the future.

: )

No comments: