Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Allahyarham Apeet...dlm Kenangan?

Today marks a whole one year of the day he passed away. Awang Abdul Hafidz a.k.a Apeet. He was a student at Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus. He took a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Passed away on the 17th of February 2008.

A couple of Saturdays ago his family did a "Makan Hol" for him. A lot of his relatives and friends to the family came, but surprisingly very few of his friends showed up. There was only me and another fren along with his girl. Which left me with the question...where were his friends?

Where was those Swinburne guys who went to classes with him, or even those who use to chill with him at the cafeteria? The ones who were in the same band as he was?

Where are his skateboarding friends?

Where were those guys who use to play futsal with him?

Where were his schoolmates or childhood friends?

Where were those guys who cried when they saw his lifeless body on the hospital bed last year?

Where were you guys?

To be honest I'm not one of his closest friends but still I took the liberty of trying to know when the ceremony would be held. It seems like....after a while people just seem to care less.
Or perhaps 'they' have more important things to attend to....yeah.

So I guess one day when the time comes, I too shall face this reality. No one cares once you're gone. But I'll try my best to remember 10 Safar as the date a fellow friend passed away.

Amin.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Bro,

I may not be as lucky as you guys to be able to know him personaly but i want you to know, even so..i really felt he's loss up til dis day..his death gave such a huge impact to my life..If i cud wish for one thing, i wish i will be given the chance to know a wonderful person he was as the rest of you did..Up til dis moment, i cud hardly accept the fact that he's no longer around but im trying hard to be able to understand and accept fate. Ever since he left us, all i cud do is send him my prayers..im still doing so..and will never stop..I visited his grave couple of times and each time, i pray to Allah swt to have mercy on him and let him rest in peace..I may not be the person he used to chill out with or even the person who went to the same uni as he does but i will always be the person who will always remember him and cherish him as someone so special as you guys regard him as when he's still alive..Allahyarham Apeet, you will never be replaced..you will always be in my prayers n in my heart. Al-Fatihah.

Rez said...

Owh...erm. And you are?

Miguel 'Iban' Sampaio said...

I didn't go to his house for the event as I don't know where it is and I am quite bad in this sort of thing (anything related to sorrow), but the very least was I came to play futsal..the one you guys organized. I had a good time, it's a pity I never get to play alongside him. Anyway Rez, if next time ur goin, just tag me along...I should be free..