Thursday, May 29, 2008

No. 1!

Last Saturday, April the 24th, my campus had its Swinburne Night 2008…kinda like a mini Prom. It went down in the Auditorium. I’ve been practicing for this event since the week before. Performing ‘Superstar’ by Lupe Fiasco and ‘Stronger’ by Kanye West, I was the second performer after a band named The Simpsons.

I was really nervous actually…coz I dind’t had any proper rehearsal or sound check before the event and through out all my practices I keep forgetting lyrics here and there. And it’s almost been a year since I performed, not including the Dance Sport Party last month. Plus the fact that I had to go back home twice after going down to campus due to the fact that I forgotten my tickets and the second time was because I forgot my shades…can’t perform without them…too nervous.

Plus I was suppose to buy a pair of white pants at Spring before the rehearsal but it turn out that the pants was to translucent. So the second trip to home was also to pick up my older pants. Still looks cool though.

During the performance, everything went well till Mr. Kee Kieng cut off half of my 2nd verse for ‘Superstar’ coz he thought his chorus is in. I had to go behind him and tell him to repeat the chorus again to cover up the

time gap. Heh…this is what lack of rehearsal give you. When its time for ‘Stronger’, it was smooth sailing all the way till the end. One of the Bboys did his thing for me too….cool lah!


Then its time for dinner. I saved my foods prior to my performance coz didn’t want to throw every thing up on stage. Our table was next to the buffet table so it was kinda easy for us to get the foods. It was easy for the freeloader too… : )

Got some other pretty good performer too…theres the 3 Anime girls… Koh’s very own band… Guest performance like Alda, the Bboys, Eika’s group and Farra, as always blew away the audiences.

Koh Band(as stated on the cards)

By the way, Alda was crowned as Swin King 2008. That girl Naomi is the Queen. Can you see how happy they are? : )

Swinburne Nite King & Queen...

And finally..the moment of truth… time to know who’ll be awarded Best Performance.

The guy who got 1st prize...
Im not sure who got which one but between the 3rd and 2nd was the DanceSport Club’s President and the band that performed the Japanese song….all I know…

I got FIRST PLACE!

Hah haa…..after performing for this event for 2 years I finally bag the 1st place home.

Thank you to the voters…

Won RM200…

Fame and recognition…

Group pic wit Mr. & Mrs. Pery, and Soul Higher

Another last performance after that. Decided to do ‘Stronger’ only. After the thing me and my friends fooled around the cafeteria… climb up the outdoor dining roofs… took pictures here and there… Then off to Mc D.

Group pic wit the gang... Mr. Rez as cool as always.. ; )

The ones below...

And the ones on top...

Don't ask me what they're doing..

Don't ask me why he fell..

Heh..even though they didn’t voted for me and went crazy for the 50¢ per Pussy dude instead…still bought them Choco Tops.. : )

Up next...Prom Nite..

No comments: