Sunday, May 18, 2008

Very Cultural Indeed

Last nite I went to the Swinburne International Cultural Night at the Auditorium. It was not as I expect it to be..

Before entering the Audi I was "greeted" by the Indian rice art on the Lobby's floor. Then once entering the Audi...I could see students from the African countries as well as India, Pakistan and Bangladesh are all dressed up in their traditional attire...cool lah.

Its started with some performances...well the whole night was about performances and slide presentation about these countries presented by the students from each countries... Owh..there was this fashion show during the first hour of the event. And there was also this drama thing about how the Indians, Pakistans and Bangladeshis were divided by the Brits and how they gain thier indipendence. There was also this an Iban dance by a couple of girls which was the only non-international act last night. Perhaps if they're having it again next semester I could do my Zapin thingy with some old school friends. Heh...the good ol' days.

Any ways after that things start to be boring....as usual where every Swinburne event would end up being boring after some time. But...things started to turn around when there was this two Tanzanian dudes performing some Tanzanian rap songs on the stage. Hip Hop...food for my soul.. : )

The songs pretty catchy even though we didn't understand them. It got some "tukü tukü" ride thing in it... Quite entertaining. Owh...by this time Apis, Adi and Koh was there...later joined by Jerry, Awang and Syam.

Then Abdul and a friend went on stage and performed some other Hip Hop songs that, even though we didn't understand it, was still entertaining.

Lastly there was this guy who freestyled on the DJ's track. Sick man...pretty sick rhymes.. Everyone was entertained by him. Wish I could free style like him. He was freestylin' bout how he came to Swinburne and his experinces here.. Cool...

We ended our day by watching Koh changing the flat tire of his Kancil.... emphasize on the word "watching"... : )

Conclusion; I realize that theHip Hop community in Swinbunre has grown... so it seems like I could carry on with my plan which I've cook up since a couple of Sems ago... Maybe I could realize it next Semester.

Yeah...

First time ever in Swinburne...

No comments: