Thursday, May 29, 2008

The one in MIAMI…

Had another performance on last Tuesday the 27th. Went down in a club called Miami. It was behind Hilton. It was supposed to be some local band thing on Tuesday and a friend managed to get some slots to play there. We were going to do tracks we’ve performed before like ‘Old Skoll Rocka’(DanceSport Party 2008) and ‘Journey’(Swinburne Carnival 2006) both by Pop Shuvit, so we didn’t really have to practice much. Just did one on Monday and another the day of the show. Another friend was performing for that gig and one of the friend’s friend too. I went first.

Mr. Dell n Mr. Bono during jamming

Jewl ma' man!

Jane!

Yeap....

I did manage to loose interest while waiting for our turn to go ‘on stage (there’s none…it was just a floor). We were supposed to be the 3rd but then since we were nobody we were put as the last to perform. Worse part was that we were put after some ‘big guns’ for the underground scene…like the Sarawakian all girl band from last year Blast Off, XO and a girl named Sheryl sum tin’…

Great, just what we need…performing after some well established band. I guest they performed around 10 songs…before we get our turn. By then I didn’t care much about the thing, just wanted to do my thing as fast as I could and go home. Finished everything around 12.45am. Went off with Kee Kieng and drop him off in campus where he park his car.

It was a better performance for both songs. I didn’t miss a single word from the songs like last time... : )

Had fun too since I thought I wouldn’t have another chance of playing with my all time drummer… ; )

No comments: